Pine Bed Wood for 1954-59 Chevy Truck
Wood is cut to size with edges grooved, ready to install. We use only the highest quality hard yellow pine, as original or cabinet grade oak if you prefer.
*Please Note: This item is "Oversized" and requires an Oversized Shipping Charge as noted above.
(We will try to pack your items in a way that will help to consolidate shipping charges and pass on any savings to you at the time of invoicing.)
Wood Finish Tips
(This is a suggestion only!)
We suggest you consult with a local finish or woodworking/cabinetry shop for the best finish to use.
Location and climate vary so there may be more suitable application for your specific area.
Mounting holes need to be located and drilled before you apply wood finish so that the insides of all holes will be sealed.
You will need to completely finish the wood before installing.
- 1. Sand with a fine grit sand paper.
- 2. Clean boards with lacquer thinner using soft clean rags. Be sure there are no grease marks or finger prints anywhere on the wood.
- 3. Apply wood sealer
*follow instructions according to the sealer you use.
- 4. Allow the sealer to dry the recommended time.
- 5. Apply 2-5 coats of oil base Exterior Varnish
**Note: Be sure to apply the finish to all areas of the boards, ends, holes, edges, 6. tops and bottoms.
- 6. Allow to dry between each coat.
- 7. Sand lightly between coats of varnish.