Pine Bed Wood for 1954-59 Chevy Truck
If you're not needing that perfect set of bed wood and want to get some substantial savings off of our Standard Bed Wood prices, then our "Economy" Wood Grade is just what you need! This is still a great set of wood, but the boards will have a little more of the knots, checks and small cracks that a natural wood product will contain. This set will still look and work great in your truck bed, especially if you plan to use it for hauling, etc.. This is also a great Paint Grade Wood product, but it can also be stained and sealed. And, just like the Standard and Premium sets...the boards are still cut to size with edges grooved, ready to install.
*Please Note: This item is "Oversized" and requires an Oversized Shipping Charge as noted above.
Wood Finish Tips
(This is a suggestion only!)
We suggest you consult with a local finish or woodworking/cabinetry shop for the best finish to use.
Location and climate vary so there may be more suitable application for your specific area.
Mounting holes need to be located and drilled before you apply wood finish so that the insides of all holes will be sealed.
You will need to completely finish the wood before installing.
- 1. Sand with a fine grit sand paper.
- 2. Clean boards with lacquer thinner using soft clean rags. Be sure there are no grease marks or finger prints anywhere on the wood.
- 3. Apply wood sealer
*follow instructions according to the sealer you use.
- 4. Allow the sealer to dry the recommended time.
- 5. Apply 2-5 coats of oil base Exterior Varnish
**Note: Be sure to apply the finish to all areas of the boards, ends, holes, edges, 6. tops and bottoms.
- 6. Allow to dry between each coat.
- 7. Sand lightly between coats of varnish.