Fuel Guage / Fuel Sending Unit Conversion for your Chevy
Classic Instruments has just released their all new FuelLink. Inspired by their Zeus Speedometer Technology, this device corrects fuel ohm rangemismatch and erratic pointer movement due to fuel slosh. There is no need to remove thefuel tank, sending unit, or gauge to make a mismatched set work correctly.The unit installs in line between the fuel gauge and fuel sender to correct the mismatch.
Several other features include:
- Push-button programmability and LED readout for quick set-up
- Signal dampening for a steady fuel pointer
- Easy electrical connectivity with labeled wire terminals
- Compact size, 3" x 2" x 1.5", with mounting holes for under-dash installation
- Optional low fuel light, triggered at 1/8 of a tank
The unit is preset to work with eight common fuel sender resistance curves as listed
below, or calibrate a custom curve.
- 240 – 33 ohm.........Standard After-market
- 0 – 90 ohm ............GM Type ’67 and later
- 0 – 30 ohm ............GM Type '66 and earlier
-16 – 158 ohm .........Ford Type ’87 and later
- 75 – 10 ohm ...........Ford Type'86 and earlier
- 90 – 0 ohm ...........Toyota & Nissan '85 and later