Classic Wiring Update Kit for 1969-72 Chevy Truck
What makes the Classic Update series harness kit better than the competition?
The Classic Update Series design philosophy is to build complete “full function” systems and engineer them for easy access, easy installation, and connectivity with common update accessories. All while allowing for future expansion. Each kit is a completely new design engineered around the specifications and physical dimensions of the 69-72 trucks as well as the space constraints imposed by many after market accessories vying for the limited space under the dash. Superior design has given the builder complete flexibility to use original stock switches and components as well as custom update accessories, such as; DAKOTA DIGITAL instruments, heat and air conditioning systems, IDIDIT and FLAMING RIVER steering columns, and late model GM tilt steering columns. The fuse box was chosen for its adaptability in mounting configurations and its ability to handle the increased current loads demanded by power accessories such as power windows, power seats, power door locks, cruise control, etc. It is a proven GM design that incorporates heavy duty circuit bussing. There is no circuit board in this high power fuse box assembly as the potential power demands are too high for a circuit board design. It is this attention to detail that removes the engineering exercise from the builder and makes installation much smoother. The 1969-72 Chevy and GMC Truck kit is the most complete system of it's type in the industry boasting 19 features including: new ATO fusebox, compatible with most aftermarket accessories, cluster harness disconnect system, dimmer, headlight and ignition switches, and much more.
** 18 CIRCUIT W/ XTRA PLUG OF 6 **
1. Replacement headlight switch with internal 30amp circuit breaker included. Retention collar nut, adjustable length shaft, and custom knob are also included.
2. Standard turn signal flasher, hazard flasher mounted on fuse panel, and horn relay mounted on harness.
3. Fuse box designed to fit in original location. All required hardware supplied. New ATO fuse panel allows for easy fuse and circuit breaker accessibility. Harness is laid out and formed to allow for nearly all after market accessories such as; gauge packages, wiper systems, heat and air conditioning systems, etc.
4. Original switch connector bodies! (Exclusive to American Autowire)
5. Steering column connectors will plug directly into most after market steering columns as well as 1969-72 GM columns, which utilize stock GM turn signal switches.
6. Along with wiring for your original dome/interior lighting we have included separate under dash light sockets.
7. Instrument Cluster wiring is designed with a "cluster harness disconnect" system for easy service and assembly. All original terminals, connectors (exclusively from American Autowire), and light sockets are also supplied for original cluster gauges. However, the best aspect of the disconnect system is that any gauge cluster package can be easily and neatly wired in. This includes AUTOMETER, CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS, DAKOTA DIGITAL, STEWART WARNER, and VDO just to name a few.
8. Rear body harness assembly is designed to plug into the main harness in the original location. Flexibility in harness design allows for original or custom routing. EXCLUSIVE! Rear body wiring includes backup light lead wires with rubber connectors, stop and tail light lead wires with correct light sockets and boot / tube assemblies for Fleetside trucks, or correct connections and terminals to mate with the tail lamp assemblies for Stepside trucks, license plate connection wire, side marker lead and ground wires with lamp sockets, and fuel tank sender wire and connection.
9. New floor dimmer switch is provided with extra long mounting screws for ease of installation. Wire length and connection accommodate original floor mount dimmer switch.
10. EXCLUSIVE! GM bulkhead connectors for the engine and front light wiring are included and ready for easy installation. Original or custom routing of the new harness is no problem!
11. Engine wiring includes connectors for original points type as well as H.E.I. distributors. Power and tach connectors supplied for GM H.E.I. distributors. Alternator connectors are supplied for GM "SI" series internally regulated alternators. GM "CS" series alternator adapter is available separately.
12. Front lighting includes extra long leads for special routing when custom under hood appearance is desired. All headlight, park light and directional light connectors and terminals are provided, as well as a switched trigger wire for electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC). You will find that with our inclusion of all the original style light sockets, connectors, terminals, etc. packed into every aspect of this harness, it makes it the most complete system of its type in the industry!